There are several ways. One is to read the Nutrition Facts label that comes with most of our foods.
Another way of knowing what is in our food is to ask the person who grew it how did he or she did it. Of course, this can be very difficult if you get food from a supermarket. But if you visit your local farmers' market you can ask your local farmer directly!
Try at least once!
Farmers' Markets: Old Oakland
Location of Markets: 9th St. in Downtown Oakland
Days/Times: Fri 8am-2pmYear round/Seasonal: Year round, rain or shine
Public Transportation to Market: BART to Old Oakland Farmers' Market AC Transit to Old Oakland Farmers' Market
Taste the difference.
- Plants grow
- Growing baby
- The human body
- What are Proteins?
- Can you guess what is this?
- Anatomical model of the human body
- FOOD: Protein
- Nicole's question: How can we know what is in our ...
- Hydroelectic Power - How it Works
- How can we get electricity from water?
- Where does our food come from?
- Greek dictionary
- Food and energy
- Food and energy 2
- Water contamination
- Noe's question: Where does sweat come from?
- Food Pyramid
- Energy: The sun
- Our food (3)
- ▼ December (20)